10.23.2009

My Life is Average

Rachel introduced me to a website that is literally just page after page of mediocre stories that make people's days. I love reading it, especially when I'm pretending to be busy and important at work. I've even submitted a few stories. I'm going to share a few.




Today, I was sitting on campus when I started to choke on a pop-tart. A girl passed by, mumbled "You probably deserve it," and kept walking. How did she know? MLIA

Today,we had "deaf day" for my American Sign Language class. We had to wear ear plugs and couldn't talk. I wanted to talk to my friend and ended up being late to class. I wrote a note and handed it to my ASL teacher. It read: "Sorry, I did not hear the bell." Needless to say, I didn't get marked tardy. MLIA

Today, my English teacher was talking about parts of speech. When we got to verbs she was explaining how they appear everywhere and they always need to be surrounded. Out of no where, she yelled, "Verbs are the needy whores of the grammar world." MLIA.

Today, I went to Target. In the toy aisle, there was an original Buzz Lightyear. He was in his spaceship box just like in the movies. On the bottom, it said, "WARNING: This toy does not fly. It falls, with style." I was glad to see this. MLIA

Last night the batteries in my electric toothbrush died. It took me at least a minute to remember I could still use it to brush my teeth. MLIA

Today, I went to the doctor to get a flu shot. The little kid who went before me got a Winnie the Pooh sticker when they left, so I asked the receptionist for one. When she asked me how old I was, I said, "You're going to put an age limit on happiness?" MLIA



These are just a few stories. I thought I would share.

www.mylifeisaverage.com

P.S. One of them is my story. Which do you think it is?

No comments:

Post a Comment