6.13.2009

Silver Dollars and How To Spend Them

Most of you know that my family doesn't have immediate relations around us. Family reunions are few and far between and mostly depend on the availability of $1000 odd dollars to fly across the Atlantic. In fact, I sometimes forget that people have grandparents that randomly show up from time to time, give their grandchildren a silver dollar, and tell them to be careful how they spend it. I've never been able to figure out if this lack of silver dollars is a blessing or a curse.

However, my past lack of silver dollars aside, it seems that I have the opportunity to kindle familial relations with my mom's grandfather's sister's descendants. This seems like a "why bother" situation, I met these distant relations just the other night and they are fantastic.

I'm faced with the possibility of having family around me. Please advise.

1 comment:

  1. If they are FANTASTIC as you say - Go for it! I love extended family! Free dinners and a place to stay when the apt is too much! -Angela

    ReplyDelete